The Strike Goes On

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

I know I've been talking a lot about the writer's strike lately, but as a writer, an entertainment writer and as a viewer, the topic interests me. This is day three of the strike, and it isn't looking good. Stories keep coming out about some of our favorites shows. This is what I know right now.

→ Sandra Oh from Grey's Anatomy reportedly joined the picketers today. The cast has three or four shows ready to air, but if the strike goes on past that, we might not have any new Grey's in the new year.

→ The end of the current story arc for Heroes in December might also mean the end of this season of Heroes.

→ If the strike continues, Lost fans might not see any new Lost until Fall 2008, or the very latest Winter 2009. I really hope it doesn't come to that. I've been going throught Lost withdrawals.

I've lost count on how many shows have stopped production. Big Brother is reportedly coming back with a special Winter edition to help fill in. We might see more reality series in our future. We just have to cross our fingers and hope for the best.

0 comments:

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind