Let's Walk For Art

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Most everyone has had their Thanksgiving dinner, and they are stuffed on pie and turkey. Our own dinner here has been postponed. Last night, when my father was going up to get the rest of the fixings for today's dinner, our car died. We'll be taking it in the morning to get fixed, but all we had was a turkey. It is great, but it isn't much without the rest of the goodies. Right now, I'm watching the ASU vs. USC game, and we'll be eating chicken tonight. Not a bad dinner. I can wait a day or two for turkey.

I'm an ASU alumni, and I still live in the city the college is located. This year has been a good year for the Sun Devil football team. I lived on campus, and right up the street they used to turn the main boulevard near the campus into this huge art festival every month or so. I used to love attending those. Walking along and looking at the different vendors, listening to the musicians on the street. I haven't been in awhile, and I'm not even sure they have the event anymore. That part of town has been so built up over the years since I graduated.

Today, I saw about the St. Augustine Artwalk in Florida. I have a few friends that live there, and one has asked me to come visit. It is on my to do list of places to visit someday. The First Friday Weekend Art Walk is a monthly event. The artwalk sounds good. Just walking around and looking at pretty things. Sounds just about perfect to me. I hope everyone had a great day! I'm off to watch the rest of the game.

1 comments:

Darn!!! I hope you get ALL the fixings.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind