Oh internet, my internet!

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

This December will be the start of my third year of high speed internet service. Before that, I was stuck on dial-up hell on AOL. Things were so slow. It used to drive me mad. I now have high speed cable internet, but things still aren't perfect. My provider isn't the best, but they are pretty much the only ticket in town. I've looked into DSL, and I've even thought of going wireless or using a satellite connection, but I've stayed with my cable company, even with all the problems. I'm not even sure how many times I've had them come out to visit with no real solution.

Today in searching I found a sute that helps you compare the various internet providers available out there. Every thing from dial-up and cable to wireless providers. They even have comparisons on VOIP. As whenever you go on the Internet, it is important to remember to protect your computer. I don't have as much of a problem now, but when I was on dial-up, I always had viruses popping up. It is important to have spyware protection for your PC computer. MAC's have it easy. They don't get with spyware or viruses. It is only us Microsoft Windows people that need to deal with them! What a pain huh?

0 comments:

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind