There is no woman ....

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Like a woman scored. We've all heard it a thousand times. A woman scorned and in the right frame of mind for revenge will do anything in her power to get her justice. Some won't do much, but some might go to some extreme. Some have even killed. Not that I condone killing, but we all know the stories of women getting their revenge. The more outrageous stories get noticed, but I'm sure the smaller acts of revenge happen daily and go unnoticed. Right now, I'm reading a book by Jude Deveraux called The Summerhouse.

The book tells the story of three women that meet one day in their early twenties, and then meet again some twenty years later for one weekend. They each have stories to tell. One woman, a writer named Ellie, tells the story of her husband and how badly he screwed her over in the divorce. In the book, the women are given a chance to go back to a moment in time to change what happened. Ellie goes back to just before her divorce, hoping to fix things. That is where I am now.

Of course in real life, there is no magical time machine as much as we would like there to be. Here is one instance of where beware of a woman scorned applies I discovered while surfing the internet. She is getting her husband where it hurts, with his car. She has destroyed his car and is now selling it online. She caught him cheating, and he was dumb enough to have the car in her name. Just look at what she did to the car. Reminds me of that one Carrie Underwood song, Before He Cheats.

Of course the site doesn't only have that going for it. They also sell new cars and used cars. It was that ad that caught my eye though. What lengths would you go to if someone wronged you? I don't know if I'd go as far as ruining the man's car or murder, but I have been known to not let people slide in the past. Sometimes a little revenge is sweet.

0 comments:

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind