Reality TV Goes On

Friday, November 09, 2007

The strike isn't going to stop American Idol it looks like. The series is already filming its Hollywood week, or it just did. The series will return January 15th, and the search for the seventh American Idol will go on. I always wonder about the people that go to try out for these things. When I was younger, I had dreams of becoming a dancer. I knew I wouldn't do it, but one can always dream. There are people out there that make it their job in life to get that big break. They want to act, sing, dance or even model. You see people go and audition for American Idol hoping to get seen and make it somehow. Just yesterday, I saw there was a casting call for the new Star Trek movie. They are looking for fresh faces to play the cadets at Starfleet.

I just really can't imagine trying to find a job like that. Writing is hard enough. There are jobs out there. If you want to be the next big thing there are agents that want you. The trick is getting their attention. They see people every day that say they are the next big thing, but they fall short. You need to stand out. Just doing a quick search online I found Talent Rock. There are agents always looking for new talent. They don't give up. I'm sure there are many sites out there. Just like there are many sites for writers like myself to get noticed. If you want to get anywhere in any business, you need to stand out though. You can't let people come to you. You need to go the people. Get known. That's the only way it will work.

0 comments:

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind