Thursday Thirteen #3

Thursday, November 22, 2007


Another Thursday is here. A special one for us here in the US as it is Thanksgiving Day. I'm thankful for a lot this year, so that is what my thirteen will be about this Thursday. These are in no particular order.

1. I am thankful for my health. Even with my migraines, back and neck problems and various other ailments I know I have better than most, and I am grateful for that.
2. I am grateful for my dad. He's a big part of my life. We may fight and disagree sometimes, but I still love him.
3. I am thankful for my brother Joe who lives here with us. He is a big pain half the time, but he has his moments of good. I'm also thankful for the family I have that is far away.
4. I am thankful for little sunshine, my cat Mikey, who loves me and I know it. He's a terror, but he is the sweetest thing alive.
5. I am thankful that I had the opportunity to have my cat JJ in my life. Watching him leave me and this world was one of the hardest things in my life. I know he is in a better place.
6. I am thankful for my friends, both online and offline. They make me smile on a constant basis, and there are some I do not know what I would do without.
7. I am thankful for the friends I have made through my writing, the Divas especially. I know I disappeared for a long time, but I am glad to be back among you all, even if I lurk a great deal. You've always been supportive of my writing efforts, and that means a lot.
8. I am thankful to have a roof over my head, food on the table and a place to call home.
9. I am thankful that I had a mother that raised me the best way she knew how. She was always in my corner, and even though she is no longer with me in body, she is still with me in spirit.
10. I am thankful I am getting to see my favorite band in concert in April with a really kicking seat. Yes, I am counting down the days to Bon Jovi!
11. I am thankful to be able to share the gift of the written word with others, and I hope to continue to do in the time to come.
12. I am thankful for music, as it the one thing that sometimes helps me through the bad times. A song can lift me like not much else can, other than my friends.
13. Lastly, I am thankful to everyone that stops by here on a daily basis, leaving comments and sometimes emails. You keep me going here, and for that I thank you.

Have a great Thanksgiving those that celebrate.

10 comments:

Shelley Munro said...

Happy thanksgiving. I think it's great to stop and take stock of all the good things in our lives. Bon Jovi is coming to New Zealand early next year, too. They're performing in Christchurch, which is a plane flight away from me. I'd love to go but probably won't make it this time.

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for lovely T13ers like you who remind me to stop and count my own blessings. (I love your tribute to your brother Joe---brothers ARE big pains some of the time, but we wouldn't want to do without them.)

Unknown said...

Looks like you have lots to be thankful for. Happy Turkey Day!

Anonymous said...

Thankfulness never goes out of style.

Linda R. Moore said...

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy TT. I am enjoying my trip round the TT-osphere today, having a relaxing time before I embark on the huge cooking. :)

I got involved in four TTs this week:
https://payperpost.com/blogger/opportunity/list/1/20/offer/DESC?qualified=true

Savannah Chase said...

What a nice list, it's great to see all the things that people are thankful for...

Happy Turkey Day

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Thanks for sharing what you're thankful for today.

Anonymous said...

Nice list. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

It's always interesting when a person can honestly be thankful of Bon Jovi! No I'm not teasing you, I'd love to go too.

Hope you enjoy the concert! Umm, and had a wonderful Thanksgiving (still distracted by the concert lol).

Anonymous said...

Our lists look a lot alike. Ok, maybe not the Bon Jovi thing, but the rest.

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind