Blogging Your Blessings Sunday 11/18

Sunday, November 18, 2007



This week I'm blessed because I allowed myself to take a chance. I had let a completed story, the first one I'd completed in years, sit on my hard drive for just about two years because it had been rejected. I resent it out last week, and within two days I heard back with an acceptance, the first ever for one of my fictional stories.

I didn't give up, as much as I wanted. I tried again, even though I was scared to do so. I don't deal with rejection well, but then again who does. I let rejection turn me off and retreat, and for the past couple of years I've been in retreat mode. It's something I'm working on, and I'm blessed because I tried again, and someone out there was willing enough to give me a chance.

2 comments:

Paulie said...

Congratulations on being published! It is truly a blessing that you took another chance at it. Keep writing!

Drop by my blessing blog.

CyberCelt said...

That is great news. Do not let your work sit unread because of rejection.

Have a great week.

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind