Coming Soon: The Mist

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

When it comes to horror, no one does it better than the master of horror himself, Stephen King. I've been reading his books since I was just a teenager, and I've loved every single one I've read. In the last couple of weeks, I've seen the trailers hit my television for his next horror film, The Mist. Before then, I hadn't realized he had anything new coming out. Last I heard, he had retired from writing novels, but this isn't a novel. The Mist is actually taken from one of his earlier releases, a novella in 1985's Skeleton Crew. The Mist by Stephen King comes out on November 21st, a day before Thanksgiving. There is a lot of good things coming out that day, but this is the one I'm most excited for.

King always has a way of pulling you in and keeping you on the edge of your seat. A lot of his longer works are one thousand plus pages, so he has to be able to keep you entertained throughout. One of my favorite books by him is The Stand. I have read this one more than once, and it was made into a television movie back in the 1990s. It is an apocalyptic tale about what happens to the world when a virus hits. It has a group of survivors that branch off into two with a good side and a bad side. The movie is great, but as with most movies, the book was better. I wouldn't mind reading it again someday. Right now, I'm trying to hold off and buying a copy of The Mist. I don't think I have a copy of Skeleton Crew lying around anywhere here.

As for The Mist, it reminds me a bit of The Fog. A strange mist blankets a town, and there is something evil lurking within it. The trailer looks amazing, and you can check it out for yourself by clicking the link above. I know I'm hoping to go and see it opening weekend, but there is just so much coming out that weekend it is going to make it hard for me to choose.

0 comments:

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind