The Wonderful Depp

Thursday, November 29, 2007

I have always been a huge fan of Johnny Depp and his work. I have been since I saw him play on 21 Jump Street years and years ago. When he jumped into movies, I followed along. Never been a Pirates fan, but I've loved so many of his movies over the years. One of the movies of his that stands out to me is Cry Baby. I remember going to see the movie in the theater after it came out. It might seem like the silliest movie ever, and it really is. I loved it though. It was cheesy and fun. Some of the dialogue was wacky, but it was just a great movie. My favorite part of the movie is when Depp's character, Cry Baby Walker, is in jail and his girlfriend comes to visit. The song there just made me laugh. One of the best scenes of the whole movie in my mind.

Another one of my favorite Depp films is Don Juan DeMarco. This is just a great film, and one of my all-time favorites. With Marlon Brando, you can't go wrong. There is an amazing song on the soundtrack also by Bryan Adams. Have you ever really loved a woman is one of the greatest love songs of all the time, and I think of the movie anytime I hear it. For the past few weeks, I've been seeing previews for Depp's new movie coming out this Christmas, Sweeney Todd. I don't know much about the story behind it, but the previews have me really interested. I'm not sure if it the best Christmas movie with some of the scenes I've seen, but Tim Burton and Johnny Depp are really an unbeatable combination. You can visit the official Sweeney Todd movie site to find out more about the movie before its released. You can also visit Sweeney Todd on MySpace.

There are really so many good movies coming out in the weeks and months ahead. It is really making it hard for me to choose which to see first. Awake comes out Friday, so I'm hoping to catch that. The Other Boleyn Girl is on my list for February. So many movies, so little time!



0 comments:

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Inside My Wild Mind